Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR) 6 Hours
This 6-hour online video course follows the IRS outline for the Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR). This course will follow the three domains exactly to ensure all topics and domains in the AFTR are thoroughly covered. Presented by CPA, Attorney and Professional Tax Speaker - Dr. Bart Basi along with CPA and Attorney Roman Basi - this Annual Federal Tax Refresher will take you on a deep dive of the 1040 to make sure you have all the information you need. This course will satisfy the AFTR requirement for all non-exempt preparers.
This course must be completed by December 31st 2019 to receive AFTR credit towards your Record of Completion.
Included in this program:
- 6 Hours Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR)
- Immediate access to the program soon as you purchase
- An email will be sent to you with instructions on how to access your program
- Program is split up into 30 minute video segments
- The program is completed on your own schedule
- We report your hours of completion to the IRS
*Note: the AFTR course requires a 100 question exam with a passing score of 70%
AFTR course and exam must be completed in its entirety by Deccember 31st 2019 to receive AFTR credit in your PTIN Account.
What is the benefit to me of participating in the Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP)?
- Your name will be included in the Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials and Select Qualifications that will be available January.
- You will have limited representation rights for returns you prepare and sign.
- You will be encouraged to remain current with changing tax laws.
- You will receive the AFSP – Record of Completion that shows clients and potential clients that you are a well-educated tax preparer who is dedicated to your chosen profession.
What is the deadline to complete the Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP)
The approved continuing education program must be completed within the calander year to qualify for the 2019 filing season.
What is the future of this program?
The Annual Filing Season Program will be an interim step to help taxpayers and encourage education for unenrolled tax return preparers. The IRS continues to pursue legislative authority to mandate a continuing competency program. In the meantime the IRS will administer a uniform voluntary examination in future years in order to ensure basic return preparer competency.
What are the requirements to achieve Annual Filing Season Program Completion?
Completion of courses from an IRS approved required will satisfy the completion. The yearly requirements for 2019 and beyond for Non-Exempt status tax preparers is 18 hours. Which consists of a 6 hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR), 10 hours of federal tax law and 2 hours of ethics. The yearly requirements for Exempt status tax preparers is 15 hours. Which consists of 10 hours of federal tax law, 3 hours of tax law updates, and 2 hours of ethics
Who may participate in the program?
Anyone with a PTIN is eligible to participate in the program. Enrolled Agents, CPA’s and RTRP’s have an exempt status that will reduce the number of hours required.