This Continuing Education Package contains 18 hours of IRS Approved continuing education that will count towards your IRS record of completion. This course package contains 2 hours of ethics and 10 hours of cutting-edge topics and the 6 Hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher Course to satisfy the requirements for participating in the Annual Filing Season Program.
The courses contained in this package are:
- 2022 Annual Federal Tax Refresher (6 Credit hours of AFTR)
- 2021 Federal Tax Law Updates (3 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law Updates)
- 2021 Ethics Circular 230 (2 Credit Hours of Ethics)
- 2021 Common Tax Questions on Divorce, Alimony, Child/Support, 1099’s and Retirement (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 A Client hasn't filed a tax return in years and comes to you, now what? (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 Tax Planning for Insolvency and the Discharge of Indebtedness (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 The Tax Outlook for 2021: A Post Election Evaluation (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law Updates)
- 2021 Tax Law Changes and How it Can Affect your Estate/Succession Planning (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law Updates)
- 2021 Business Tax Strategies for 2021 (2 Credit hours of Federal Tax Law)
What is the benefit to me of participating in the Annual Filing Season Program (ASFP)?
- Your name will be included in the Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials and Select Qualifications that will be available January.
- You will have limited representation rights for returns you prepare and sign.
- You will be encouraged to remain current with changing tax laws.
- You will receive the AFSP – Record of Completion that shows clients and potential clients that you are a well-educated tax preparer who is dedicated to your chosen profession.
What is the deadline to complete the Annual Filing Season Program (ASFP)
The approved continuing education program must be completed within the calander year to qualify for the 2021 filing season.
What is the future of this program?
The Annual Filing Season Program will be an interim step to help taxpayers and encourage education for unenrolled tax return preparers. The IRS continues to pursue legislative authority to mandate a continuing competency program. In the meantime the IRS will administer a uniform voluntary examination in future years in order to ensure basic return preparer competency.
What are the requirements to achieve Annual Filing Season Program Completion?
Completion of courses from an IRS approved required will satisfy the completion. The yearly requirements for 2020 and beyond for Non-Exempt status tax preparers is 18 hours. Which consists of a 6 hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR), 10 hours of federal tax law and 2 hours of ethics. The yearly requirements 2016 and beyond for Exempt status tax preparers is 15 hours. Which consists of 10 hours of federal tax law, 3 hours of tax law updates, and 2 hours of ethics
Who may participate in the program?
Anyone with a PTIN is eligible to participate in the program. Enrolled Agents, CPA’s and RTRP’s have an exempt status that will reduce the number of hours required.