This Continuing Education Package contains 18 hours of IRS Approved continuing education that will count towards your IRS record of completion. This course package contains 2 hours of ethics and 10 hours of cutting-edge topics and the 6 Hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher Course to satisfy the requirements for participating in the Annual Filing Season Program.
The courses contained in this package are:
- 2022 Annual Federal Tax Refresher (6 Credit hours of AFTR)
- 2022 Ethics Circular 230 (2 Credit Hours of Ethics)
- 2022 Form 709 The Gift Tax Return (2 Credit hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2022 Tax Forms, Schedules, Deductions and Credits (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2022 Understanding the Child Tax and Education Credits (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2022 IRS Dispute Resolution and the Opportunity Zone Tax Credit (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2022 US Tax Issues for Immigrants and Aliens (2 Credit hours of Federal Tax Laws)
What is the benefit to me of participating in the Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP)?
- Your name will be included in the Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials and Select Qualifications that will be available January.
- You will have limited representation rights for returns you prepare and sign.
- You will be encouraged to remain current with changing tax laws.
- You will receive the AFSP – Record of Completion that shows clients and potential clients that you are a well-educated tax preparer who is dedicated to your chosen profession.
What is the deadline to complete the Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP)
The approved continuing education program must be completed within the calendar year to qualify for the filing season.
What are the requirements to achieve an Annual Filing Season Program Record of Completion?
Completion of courses from an IRS approved required will satisfy the completion. The yearly requirements for Non-Exempt status tax preparers is 18 hours. Which consists of a 6 hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR), 10 hours of federal tax law and 2 hours of ethics. The yearly requirements for Exempt status tax preparers is 15 hours. Which consists of 10 hours of federal tax law, 3 hours of tax law updates, and 2 hours of ethics. For more information please view the following IRS document. CLICK HERE
Who may participate in the program?
Anyone with a PTIN is eligible to participate in the program. CLICK HERE to see the IRS FAQ for further details.