This unlimited access package contains our entire library of courses for your continuing education requirements. You will get access to 24 hours of online HD video courses featuring Dr. Bart Basi along with several other renowned tax professionals.
Courses Included in this package:
- 2021 Ethics Circular 230 (2 Credit Hours of Ethics)
- 2021 Federal Tax Law Updates - (3 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law Updates)
- 2021 Common Tax Questions on Divorce, Alimony, Child/Support, 1099’s, and Retirement (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 A Client hasn't filed a tax return in years and comes to you, now what? (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 Tax Planning for Insolvency and the Discharge of Indebtedness (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 The Tax Outlook for 2021: A Post Election Evaluation (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law Updates)
- 2021 Tax Law Changes and How it Can Affect your Estate/Succession Planning (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law Updates)
- 2021 Business Tax Strategies for 2021 (2 Credit hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 Stretching the Dollar Today for Tomorrow’s Tax Return Taking Advantage (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 Tax Season Primer: Forms, Deductions, and other common issues (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 Getting Safely Home in Retirement – Overcoming 8 Risks Facing Your Clients Retirement (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 Cryptocurrency Tax Strategies for 2021 (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 Best Practices: Compliance and Documentation (2 Credit hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 Foreign Account Reporting Obligations (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 Basic Income Tax Planning (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 The Best of Both Worlds, Being Employed and Self Employed (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
What is the benefit of participating in the Annual Filing Season Program (ASFP)?
- Your name will be included in the Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials and Select Qualifications that will be available in January.
- You will have limited representation rights for returns you prepare and sign.
- You will be encouraged to remain current with changing tax laws.
- You will receive the AFSP – Record of Completion that shows clients and potential clients that you are a well-educated tax preparer who is dedicated to your chosen profession.
What is the deadline to complete the Annual Filing Season Program (ASFP)
The approved continuing education program must be completed within the calendar year to qualify for the 2016 filing season.
What is the future of this program?
The Annual Filing Season Program will be an interim step to help taxpayers and encourage education for unenrolled tax return preparers. The IRS continues to pursue legislative authority to mandate a continuing competency program. In the meantime, the IRS will administer a uniform voluntary examination in future years to ensure basic return preparer competency.
What are the requirements for the Annual Filing Season Program Completion?
Completion of courses from an IRS-approved provider, like My Tax Courses Online, will satisfy the completion. The yearly requirement for 2016 and beyond for Non-Exempt status tax preparers is 18 hours. This consists of a 6-hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR), 10 hours of federal tax law, and 2 hours of ethics. The yearly requirement for 2016 and beyond for Exempt status tax preparers is 15 hours. This consists of 10 hours of federal tax law, 3 hours of tax law updates, and 2 hours of ethics. For more information, please view the following IRS document. CLICK HERE.
Who may participate in the program?
Anyone with a PTIN is eligible to participate in the program. Enrolled Agents, CPAs, and RTRPs have an exempt status that will reduce the number of hours required. CLICK HERE to see the IRS FAQ for further details.