With our VIP 18-Hour Non-Exempt Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) Package, you get instant access to all the updated materials and tax subjects you need to become an expert Tax Professional. This package contains 18 hours of IRS-approved continuing education that counts towards your IRS Record of Completion.
This package contains:
- 6-Hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher Course to satisfy the requirements for the IRS Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP)
- 10 Hours of Federal Tax Law continuing education credits
- 2 Hours of Ethics
The courses included are:
- 2022 Annual Federal Tax Refresher (6 Credit Hours of AFTR, with English and Spanish, closed captioning)
- 2022 Ethics Circular 230 (2 Credit Hours of Ethics, with English and Spanish, closed captioning)
- 2022 Form 709 The Gift Tax Return (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2022 Tax Forms, Schedules, Deductions, and Credits (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2022 Understanding the Child Tax and Education Credits (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2022 IRS Dispute Resolution and the Opportunity Zone Tax Credit (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2022 US Tax Issues for Immigrants and Aliens (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Laws)
What is the benefit of participating in the Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP)?
- Your name is listed in the Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials and Select Qualifications that will be available every January.
- You will have certain representation rights for the tax returns you prepare and sign.
- You are dedicated to remaining current with changing tax laws.
- You will receive the AFSP – Record of Completion that proves to your current clients and potential clients that you are a well-educated tax preparer who understands and implements the tax law updates that occur each year.
What is the deadline to complete the Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP)?
The approved continuing education program must be completed within the calendar year to qualify for the filing season.
What are the requirements for the Annual Filing Season Program Record of Completion?
- Completion of courses from an IRS-approved provider, like My Tax Courses Online, will satisfy the completion.
- The yearly requirement for Exempt status tax preparers is 15 hours. This consists of 10 hours of federal tax law continuing education credits, 3 hours of tax law updates, and 2 hours of ethics.
- The yearly requirement for Non-Exempt status tax preparers is 18 hours. This consists of a 6-hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR) course and test, 10 hours of federal tax law continuing education credits, and 2 hours of ethics credits.
- For more information please view the following IRS document. CLICK HERE.
Who may participate in the program?
- Anyone with a preparer tax identification number (PTIN) is eligible to participate in the Annual Filing Season Program Record of Completion program.
- CLICK HERE to see the IRS FAQ for further details.