We’ve put together 15 hours of brand-new videos featuring Dr. Bart Basi, Mark Kohler, Roman Basi, Lacie Henson, Alan Gassman, and Robert Brennan. The best of the best in the tax world are here to explain in plain English everything that has changed for 2021 and what has stayed the same.
The 15 hours contained in this package include:
- 2 Hours of Ethics
- 3 Hours of Federal Tax Law Updates
- 10 Hours of Federal Tax Law Related Topics
This package will cover all the major changes and topics that affect all taxpayers.
Course titles included in this package:
- 2021 Ethics Circular 230 (2 Credit hours of Ethics)
- 2021 Federal Tax Law Updates (3 Hours Federal Tax Law Updates)
- 2021 Common Tax Questions on Divorce, Bankruptcy and Retirement (1 Credit hour of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 A Client hasn't filed a tax return in years and comes to you, now what? (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 Stretching the Dollar Today for Tomorrow’s Tax Return Taking Advantage (2 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 Tax Planning for Insolvency and the Discharge of Indebtedness (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 Tax Law Changes and How it Can Affect your Estate/Succession Planning (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 The Tax Outlook for 2021: A Post Election Evaluation (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law Updates)
- 2021 Tax Season Primer: Forms, Deductions and other common issues (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2021 Getting Safely Home in Retirement – Overcoming 8 Risks Facing Your Clients Retirement (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
What is the benefit to me of participating in the Annual Filing Season Program (ASFP)?
- Your name will be included in the Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials and Select Qualifications that will be available January.
- You will have limited representation rights for returns you prepare and sign.
- You will be encouraged to remain current with changing tax laws.
- You will receive the AFSP – Record of Completion that shows clients and potential clients that you are a well-educated tax preparer who is dedicated to your chosen profession.
What is the deadline to complete the Annual Filing Season Program (ASFP)
The approved continuing education program must be completed within the calendar year to qualify for the 2021 filing season.
What is the future of this program?
The Annual Filing Season Program will be an interim step to help taxpayers and encourage education for unenrolled tax return preparers. The IRS continues to pursue legislative authority to mandate a continuing competency program. In the meantime the IRS will administer a uniform voluntary examination in future years in order to ensure basic return preparer competency.
What are the requirements to achieve Annual Filing Season Program Completion?
Completion of courses from an IRS approved required will satisfy the completion. The yearly requirements for 2020 and beyond for Non-Exempt status tax preparers is 18 hours. Which consists of a 6 hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR), 10 hours of federal tax law and 2 hours of ethics. The yearly requirements 2016 and beyond for Exempt status tax preparers is 15 hours. Which consists of 10 hours of federal tax law, 3 hours of tax law updates, and 2 hours of ethics
Who may participate in the program?
Anyone with a PTIN is eligible to participate in the program. Enrolled Agents, CPA’s and RTRP’s have an exempt status that will reduce the number of hours required.