This unlimited access package contains our entire library of courses for your continuing education requirements. You will get access to 24 hours of online HD video courses featuring Dr. Bart Basi along with several other renowned tax professionals.
Courses Included in this package:
- 2019 Federal Tax Law Updates - (3 Hours of Federal Tax Law Updates)
- 2019 Business Structures, Small Business Taxes & Estate Planning (3 CE Hours of Federal Tax Law Topics)
- 2019 Federal Transactions, Estate Taxes, Gift Taxes and Trust Tax Returns (3 CE Hours of Federal Tax Law Topics)
- 2019 Ethics Circular 230 (2 CE Hours of Ethics)
- 2019 Proposed Regulations to IRC 199A (1 CE Hour of Federal Tax Law Topics)
- 2019 Healthcare, Deducations and Paying Family Members (3 CE Hours of Federal Tax Law Topics)
- 2019 Entity Section, S-Corps, LLC's, Sole Proprietorships & Trusts (3 CE Hours of Federal Tax Law Topics)
- 2019 Critical Summary Update (1 CE Hour of Federal Tax Law Topics)
- 2019 Independent Contractor vs Employee (1 CE Hour of Federal Tax Law Topics)
- 2019 1099 Reporting: What you need to know (1 CE Hour of Federal Tax Law Topics)
- 2019 Standard vs Itemized Deducation, Non-Profits and Retirement Plans (3 CE Hours of Federal Tax Law Topics)
What is the benefit to me of participating in the Annual Filing Season Program (ASFP)?
- Your name will be included in the Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials and Select Qualifications that will be available January.
- You will have limited representation rights for returns you prepare and sign.
- You will be encouraged to remain current with changing tax laws.
- You will receive the AFSP – Record of Completion that shows clients and potential clients that you are a well-educated tax preparer who is dedicated to your chosen profession.
What is the deadline to complete the Annual Filing Season Program (ASFP)
The approved continuing education program must be completed within the calander year to qualify for the 2016 filing season.
What is the future of this program?
The Annual Filing Season Program will be an interim step to help taxpayers and encourage education for unenrolled tax return preparers. The IRS continues to pursue legislative authority to mandate a continuing competency program. In the meantime the IRS will administer a uniform voluntary examination in future years in order to ensure basic return preparer competency.
What are the requirements to achieve Annual Filing Season Program Completion?
Completion of courses from an IRS approved required will satisfy the completion. The yearly requirements for 2016 and beyond for Non-Exempt status tax preparers is 18 hours. Which consists of a 6 hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR), 10 hours of federal tax law and 2 hours of ethics. The yearly requirements 2016 and beyond for Exempt status tax preparers is 15 hours. Which consists of 10 hours of federal tax law, 3 hours of tax law updates, and 2 hours of ethics
Who may participate in the program?
Anyone with a PTIN is eligible to participate in the program. Enrolled Agents, CPA’s and RTRP’s have an exempt status that will reduce the number of hours required.