These Continuing Education courses are essential to maintain your Enrolled Agent Credential. This IRS-approved package includes 16 hours of up-to-date, high-definition video courses. Featuring top presenters such as Dr. Bart Basi and other renowned tax professionals, you'll learn about cutting-edge topics in Federal Tax Law, Ethics Circular 230, Estate Planning, and more. These courses have English and Spanish closed captioning, ensuring maximum accessibility.
The learning objectives for this course are:
- Be able to apply the new tax laws to tax returns.
- Identify potential tax credits and deductions that may be available to clients.
- Understand the federal estate and gift tax laws.
- Prepare a Form 1041 estate tax return.
- Understand the tax implications of different business entities.
- Understand the tax advantages of real estate ventures.
Courses Included in this package:
- 2023 Federal Tax Law Updates (3 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law Updates)
- 2023 Estate Planning (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2023 Ethics Circular 230 (2 Credit Hours of Ethics)
- 2023 The Latest on Credit and Deductions (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
- 2023 Common Mistakes and Missed Opportunities on Tax Returns (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
- 2023 Understanding Critical Forms, Schedules, Credits, and Deductions (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2023 Common Questions and Tax Updates (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
- 2023 Tax Outlook and Hot Topics (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2023 Entity Selection and Real Estate Taxation (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
Ensure you have the latest information to help your clients and meet your Enrolled Agent Credential requirements. Sign up for this Continuing Education Package today!
What is the benefit of participating in the Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP)?
- Your name is listed in the Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials and Select Qualifications that will be available every January.
- You will have certain representation rights for the tax returns you prepare and sign.
- You are dedicated to remaining current with changing tax laws.
- You will receive the AFSP – Record of Completion that proves to your current clients and potential clients that you are a well-educated tax preparer who understands and implements the tax law updates that occur each year.
What is the deadline to complete the Annual Filing Season Program (ASFP)
The approved continuing education program must be completed within the calendar year to qualify for the filing season.
What is the future of this program?
The Annual Filing Season Program will be an interim step to help taxpayers and encourage education for unenrolled tax return preparers. The IRS continues to pursue legislative authority to mandate a continuing competency program. In the meantime, the IRS will administer a uniform voluntary examination in future years to ensure basic return preparer competency.
What are the requirements for the Annual Filing Season Program Record of Completion?
- Completion of courses from an IRS-approved provider, like My Tax Courses Online, will satisfy the completion.
- The yearly requirement for Exempt status tax preparers is 15 hours. This consists of 10 hours of federal tax law continuing education credits, 3 hours of tax law updates, and 2 hours of ethics.
- The yearly requirement for Non-Exempt status tax preparers is 18 hours. This consists of a 6-hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR) course and test, 10 hours of federal tax law continuing education credits, and 2 hours of ethics credits.
- For more information, please view the following IRS document. CLICK HERE.
Who may participate in the program?
- Anyone with a preparer tax identification number (PTIN) is eligible to participate in the Annual Filing Season Program Record of Completion program.
- Enrolled Agents, CPAs, and RTRPs have an exempt status that will reduce the number of hours required.
- CLICK HERE to see the IRS FAQ for further details.