Now is the Time to Start your AFSP Record of Completion
Many taxpayers were surprised and are surprised each year to to find they have to pay more taxes than the previous year, while others received significantly lower refund checks from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)—even though their financial circumstances didn't change. This can largely be attributed to the residual effects of the largest overhaul in tax code in the last thirty years across America. It is still impacting taxpayers and business owners.
Whether you are a newly qualified tax professional or seasoned tax preparer, your goal is to ensure you’re your clients maintain a good relationship with the IRS and to know the tax requirements so you can explain what is going on should they have questions. Acquiring your AFSP Record of Completion is your path to staying up to date with current tax law and provides the knowledge to changes that you need to know to best serve your clients.
What is the AFSP Record of Completion
What are the requirements to obtain an AFSP Record of Completion?
You can take any one of our three course packages. We have been an IRS Approved CE Provider for the last ten years. Each course is enough to up skill your knowledge and guarantee total tax compliance with the latest law changes.
We have the six (6) hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR) course for non-excempt tax preparers as part of the 18 hour Non Exempt Package and we also have a 15 hour Exempt Package for exempt status tax return preparers. All courses come with knowledge-based comprehension tests at the end of each course. These allow you to meet the minimum basic requirements you need to comply with.
For the best value you can get the Unlimited Access Package that will give you access to all courses and recorded webinars.
You can learn more about our courses on our course page. In order to register you will need an active preparer tax identification number (PTIN). As well as your consent on adhering to specific practice obligations outlined in Subpart B and section 10.51 of Treasury Department Circular No. 230.
How and when will you get it
After the PTIN renewal season begins in October, a Record of Completion will be generated to you once all requirements have been met, including renewal of your PTIN for the upcoming year and consent to the Circular 230 obligations.
7 Reasons Why You Should Sign Up with Us
- We are IRS Approved.
- For more than a decade, My Tax Courses Online and our parent company have been developing online continuing education courses for students all over the country.
- Our staff are leading tax knowledge management experts who break the terminology into easy to understand concepts for every tax professional.
- We do not just talk about the current tax law via course videos and discussions, we also refer to past tax law to form credible and reliable recommendations you can share with your clients.
- We always stay updated. Our staff is comprised of tax professionals who update content regularly.
- We have 3 different payment packages created for the newly minted tax consultant, mid-career and the experienced tax consultant. All affordable, no matter the stage you are at in your tax career. All courses are backed by our 30-day money back guarantee.
- Last but not least, we are a trusted market and have helped thousands of tax preparers earn the AFSP Record of Completion in HD Video courses.
If you're a tax preparer who is interested in getting started, My Tax Courses Online offers a broad array of IRS-approved tax courses.
Browse our website today to learn more about what we offer and to see what discounts or specials are available.