This Continuing Education Package contains 16 Hours of IRS-approved courses that will provide you the minimum required credit hours for your Enrolled Agent Credential. This course package is delivered entirely in HD Video from the top presenters, including Dr. Bart Basi along with several other renowned tax professionals in the country, on cutting-edge topics so that you have the latest information to help your clients.
Courses Included in this package:
- 2022 Ethics Circular 230 (2 Credit Hours of Ethics, with English and Spanish, closed captioning)
- 2022 Federal Tax Law Updates (3 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law Updates, with English and Spanish, closed captioning)
- 2022 Form 709 the Gift Tax Return (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2022 Forms, Schedules, Deductions, and Credits (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2022 Understanding the Child Tax and Education Credits (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2022 IRS Dispute Resolution and the Opportunity Zone Tax Credit (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
- 2022 Common Issues and Tax Questions (1 Credit Hour of Federal Tax Law)
- 2022 US Tax Issues for Immigrants and Aliens (2 Credit Hours of Federal Tax Law)
What is the benefit of participating in the Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP)?
- Your name is listed in the Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials and Select Qualifications that will be available every January.
- You will have certain representation rights for the tax returns you prepare and sign.
- You are dedicated to remaining current with changing tax laws.
- You will receive the AFSP – Record of Completion that proves to your current clients and potential clients that you are a well-educated tax preparer who understands and implements the tax law updates that occur each year.
What is the deadline to complete the Annual Filing Season Program (ASFP)
The approved continuing education program must be completed within the calendar year to qualify for the filing season.
What is the future of this program?
The Annual Filing Season Program will be an interim step to help taxpayers and encourage education for unenrolled tax return preparers. The IRS continues to pursue legislative authority to mandate a continuing competency program. In the meantime, the IRS will administer a uniform voluntary examination in future years to ensure basic return preparer competency.
What are the requirements for the Annual Filing Season Program Record of Completion?
- Completion of courses from an IRS-approved provider, like My Tax Courses Online, will satisfy the completion.
- The yearly requirement for Exempt status tax preparers is 15 hours. This consists of 10 hours of federal tax law continuing education credits, 3 hours of tax law updates, and 2 hours of ethics.
- The yearly requirement for Non-Exempt status tax preparers is 18 hours. This consists of a 6-hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR) course and test, 10 hours of federal tax law continuing education credits, and 2 hours of ethics credits.
- For more information, please view the following IRS document. CLICK HERE.
Who may participate in the program?
- Anyone with a preparer tax identification number (PTIN) is eligible to participate in the Annual Filing Season Program Record of Completion program.
- Enrolled Agents, CPAs, and RTRPs have an exempt status that will reduce the number of hours required.
- CLICK HERE to see the IRS FAQ for further details.