This 1-hour course will look at the latest tax laws and updates for Real Estate. There are many tax laws that apply when purchasing and selling real estate, we’ll talk about 1031 exchanges and all the latest tax rules that apply to personal residences, rental properties and tax rules for buying and selling properties.
- IRC 1031 - Like Kind Exchanges - When and how to use this valuable Code section
- Personal Residences and rental properties
- When and how to depreciate
- Involuntary Losses - IRC 1033
- Installment Sales - IRC 453
Doug Stives is CPA, MBA and full-time professor of Accounting at Monmouth University as well as a professional speaker at many organizations and conferences. He was once dubbed as the “Most Tax Efficient Man In America” by the Wall Street Journal.
This course counts for 1 hour of IRS CE under the category of Federal Tax Law Related Matters.