From engagement agreement to client acceptance and everything in between, this course will offer guidance needed to ensure that clients and practitioners understand each other from start to finish, including conflict waivers, disclosure authorizations, and IRC §7216 consents. Presented by a practitioner with more than 3 decades of experience, attendees will be provided with tools, practical suggestions, and time-tested solutions to reduce malpractice exposure.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of using engagement agreements.
- Evaluate the proper use of engagement agreements.
- Select recommended clauses that should be included in an engagement agreement.
- Create engagement agreements.
- Determine ways to engage and disengage clients in a professional manner.
This Course Counts for 2 Hours of Federal Tax Law for IRS Continuing Education.
Monica Haven is an enrolled agent with J.D. and LL.M. degrees in law and taxation. She is a nationally recognized speaker and a sought-after guest lecturer on college campuses and at community organizations. She loves to teach and welcomes every opportunity to share her experience and expertise in the classroom, even as she maintains her Southern California tax practice which serves clients throughout the world.