IRS Dispute Resolution and the Opportunity Zone Tax Credit
Join Roman Basi and Dr. Bart Basi as they discuss and take an in-depth look at IRS Dispute Resolution and explore credits and deductions using the Opportunity Zone tax credit. This 2-hour course will take a look at the rights available to the taxpayer and you the tax professional if a dispute arises and how you appeal a decision by the IRS.
In the 2nd hour Roman Basi will take a look at the Opportunity Zone tax credit. Taxpayers can invest money and receive tax benefits while spurring economic growth in distressed areas. Hear from two of the most renowned tax experts as they address the topics below.
This course counts for 2 hours of IRS CE under the category of Federal Tax Law Related Matters.
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the IRS appeal process.
- Explore their appeal options for either individual returns or small business returns.
- Explain the appeal process and what the filer’s responsibility is.
- Utilize the appeal process for the best interest of their clients
- Understand Opportunity Zones and their benefits to both low-income communities and the businesses investing.
- Explore the options for investing in these opportunity zones and the tax benefits.
- Explain what qualified opportunity zone and funds are.
- Utilize these zones in the most advantageous manner for themselves and clients.
Roman Basi is the current President of The Center for Financial, Legal & Tax Planning, Inc. Roman is an Attorney, a CPA, Managing Real Estate Broker, Title Insurance Agent, and an instrument rated private pilot
Dr. Bart A. Basi is the current Senior Advisor to The Center for Financial, Legal & Tax Planning, Inc. Dr. Basi is an Attorney and CPA and has a PhD in Economics.