Tax Forms, Schedules, Deductions and Credits that affect 2022 tax returns
There have been a lot of changes in the tax laws, all the way from new laws to changes in interpretation of existing laws, to regulations that affect the forms and schedules in which tax returns will be filed during the 2022 tax filing season. It is important that all tax return preparers wanting to file tax returns during the 2022 tax season be aware of and understand how to apply the new laws and the changes to existing tax laws to the tax forms and schedules.
Participants, upon completion of this course, will be able to:
- Understand the current tax forms and schedules that have been released by the IRS.
- Apply the current rulings and regulations that have been released by the IRS that affect the filing of tax returns in 2022.
- Grasp the concepts, by the use of examples, of the tax changes so that the participants will be able to apply the concepts to the tax forms and schedules that will be part of filing tax returns during the 2022 tax season.
- Understand what deductions are both allowable and the extent of the changes.
- Realize the extent of the changes regarding various tax credits, both non-refundable and refundable.
- Know the impact of both tax deductions and tax credits on the preparation of basic tax returns for the 2022 tax year.
This course counts for 2 hours of IRS CE under the category of Federal Tax Law Related Matters.
Dr. Bart A. Basi is a CPA, and an attorney specializing in tax law.
Lacie Henson is a CPA, specializing in tax return preparation.