This course will teach you the most asked questions and answers among tax preparers, including important filing deadlines for 2023/2024, when to file an extension, tax refund questions, tax payment information, home office deductions, IRA info, and more. You will also learn the questions tax preparers need to ask their clients so they have all the pertinent information to prepare taxes efficiently. This course will also cover the 1099 Updates for 2023/2024, essential deductions, and other considerations to help tax preparers successfully fulfill their role.
The learning objectives are:
- Understand the importance of filing deadlines and extensions.
- Be able to ask clients the right questions to gather the necessary information to prepare their taxes.
- Understand the home office deduction and other tax deductions.
- Understand the 1099 updates for 2023/2024.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learn the most asked questions and answers among tax preparers
- Learn the questions tax preparers need to ask their clients
- Learn about the 1099 Updates for 2023/2024
- Learn about essential deductions and other considerations to help tax preparers fulfill their role successfully
This course counts for 1 hour of IRS CE under the category of Federal Tax Law Related Matters.
Lacie Henson, CPA, is the current Senior Partner at Basi, Basi, Henson, and Associates. Lacie is the Treasurer of The Center for Financial, Legal & Tax Planning, Inc. Lacie is a fully licensed federal tax preparer and a CPA. Lacie works on personal, business, trust/estate tax returns and necessary amendments. On top of tax filings, Lacie specializes in preparing valuations and presentation packages, tax minimization analysis and summary reports, and tax implications of business decisions.