Tax Planning for Insolvency and the Discharge of Indebtedness
Join Alan S. Gassman, Esquire for this presentation to review planning for discharge of indebtedness income; business and individual insolvency; creditor protection planning; and other considerations of individuals and companies that can address to better structure their affairs in light of a possible recession or economic downturn.
Fortunately, there are a number of planning opportunities and considerations that can be addressed in advance of or during a recession or economic downturn.
Mr. Gassman speaks at many tax conferences, national programs, and national and local webinars, including Bloomberg BNA Tax and Accounting, the Notre Dame Tax and Estate Planning Institute, and at many other conferences and webinars.
This webinar counts for 1 hour of IRS Continuing Education in the category of Federal Tax Law Related Matters.
- Identify planning for the discharge of indebtedness income
- Demonstrate creative techniques to avoid discharge of indebtedness income
- Identify the exceptions and exclusions to such income
- Identify creditor protection planning, including discussion of state law exemptions and techniques that individuals and businesses can implement
- Recognize tax planning and bankruptcy